Afghan Evacuees Entered US Without Vetting, Cites ‘Problems’ After Shooting, Says Trump

Friday, 11/28/2025

US President Donald Trump has said that many Afghans evacuated to the United States were brought in without proper screening and claimed that some of them are “people who shouldn’t be here.”

His comments followed the shooting of two US National Guard members by an Afghan suspect near the White House.

Asked whether he blamed all Afghans for the attack, Trump held up a photo of Afghans crowded inside a US military aircraft during the 2021 Kabul evacuation. He said he did not hold all Afghans responsible, but insisted he had “a lot of problems” with how they entered the country.

He said the evacuation showed people “standing on top of each other” and argued there had been “no vetting or anything,” adding that “a lot of bad people were brought into the United States.”

Trump repeated earlier claims that individuals evacuated during the US withdrawal from Afghanistan included some who should never have been admitted, asserting that the attack underscored broader concerns about the vetting process.

More News